Read the article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses
BSD – Berkeley Software Distribution license. The original BSD license is Free Software Foundation/GPL compatible, but the modified versions are not because of advertising clauses.
- Free software license, with minimal restrictions on redistribution
- Does not have share-alike requirements like copyleft.
- Allows proprietary use and allows incorporation into proprietary products.
- Why would a person choose the BSD over the GPL?
- How does BSD contrast from GPL?
- What differentiates BSD from other licenses?
Free Software Foundation (2014). gnu.org. Retrieved from https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Permissive Free Software License (2014). Wikipedia. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permissive_free_software_licence